Saturday 2 February 2013

Definitely worth the trip!



I didn't see the Sheriff!
 Foot, bus, train & car...yesterday's story. At the end of the train ride, the marvellous Marlow met me in Norwich and we (she ) drove madly off to Saffron Walden where after a quick cuppa at one of the local tea shops, I went off to have a psychic reading with her friend, Alison.  It was a most agreeable reading. I could even go so far as to say inspirational and uplifting.
Jaimie Oliver buys his meat here.

Marlow pointed out the pretty villages we drove through in the dark.
 Although she & I knew one another on the Coast, we realized we really didn't 'know' one another so the conversation of discovery lasted until way past my bedtime! We laughed, we chatted, we agreed, I learned. It was a great evening!
A 'lie-in' was in order this morning... no dogs to let out, no bus to catch.
Eventually, we mustered  the oomph to walk along the river into town. The highlight of the market was the game seller with the still-feathered partridge and pigeons hanging on his stall.
Birds in a feather

Lavenham was to have been the next stop but fatigue won the day and a much-needed nap has partially restored my energy. It will be a low key and early-to-bed evening for me while Marlow goes to celebrate Embolc with her circle.Transportation in reverse order tomorrow when I return to Rolleston for the last supper.
I leave for home on Monday.
    

1 comment:

  1. Another day of adventure! Hope you keep your blog going when you get home!

    ReplyDelete