Thursday 31 January 2013

Puppy, People & Fish



Juke & Me
Finally, a picture of a puppy and me! This is Juke. You've already heard about him. He belongs to Leny's grand-daughter, Lucie and they came to visit yesterday. He's a lot of dog for a 12 year old but she's doing her best to train him with limited resources and scanty support. I'm hoping what she lacks in training no-how, she'll make up for with love.  She's got loads of that!
Welcome home!
The travellers return was celebrated with fish and chips (Why not? It was Thursday!) and a bottle of bubbly left by my friend Jeremy. Yeah, I know... no one drinks bubbly with fish & chips. Well, we did... so there!


"No chip vans in Canada?"
I wanted a picture of the fish van and one of the lads commented, "Don't you have fish & chip vans in Canada?" I assured him we did, but I wanted to preserve the memory of where this excellent English fish & chips came from! A couple of brothers, I'm guessing, good-looking lads, too, making a go of it from village to village. Right behind us in the line was Patricia, my Belgian chocolate friend from the day before. This was her first trip to the van and I'm taking the credit for the new business to the lads!
I'm off this morning by bus & train to Norwich, where I'll be picked up by friend, Marlow. It will be lovely to see her.  Any of you who know her from the Coast, can be sure your ears will be burning later today!
New landscape and a favourite person.
The butterfly moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment