Tuesday 8 January 2013

A village stroll...

No front gardens.

The other side of the road
Much to her owner's surprise, Autumn, the standard poodle, voiced no objections to a solo walk with me yesterday. We wandered past this area and then I decided to venture on to one of the clearly indicated public footpaths that led across the fields. It was a bit mucky at the beginning but easy walking in the grass after the start. We crossed a couple of field and I whipped out my iPhone to capture a typical English field but I learned later it had frozen.  Stay with me though. There will be more pictures as soon as I find an adaptor plug which will accept my camera battery charger. We passed a glorious 5 ft forsythia in full bloom. I had to check and make sure it was real!
I had really set off to find the butcher shop and was one street too far over. Since I had no camera, I obviously  wasn't meant to get there yesterday. I do want to share with you the joys of an English butcher shop!
Morning coffee in the church basement tomorrow and the fish & chips van at 6 pm. A lot of excitement for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment