Friday 18 January 2013

It's About the Journey...

Anybody home?

...not the destination. If I never believed that to be true before, I surely do now. Yesterday's adventure walk with Autumn was to Stretton. Did I get there? Nope. Once again, my feet turned for home before the village hove into view.  On the early walk with all three dogs, I had found Rabbit's house and on our wander back from almost-to-Stretton, we encountered a few of his friends.
A friend of Rabbit's?

Despite the snow falling today and the 17cm forecast, I saw signs of spring in my 100 Acre Wood yesterday. Meanwhile, the white stuff is pretty as long as one knows it's not going to last!

Signs of Spring

I just know you've missed my eating so I took myself once again last evening to the Spread Eagle pub which is located ever so conveniently about 100 yards away.  I only went, of course, so I would have something to tell you... no picture (again) as I have seriously misplaced my camera battery charger and am hoarding the power still remaining.
My ale quest ended in a Guinness last evening as there were no more dark ales to try. Not a problem. There's such comfort in a Guinness! Pork belly with roasted root veg was my choice of main. It was hot, appetizingly presented, and very tasty. The watercress garnish was tasty, too. Oh, nearly forgot to mention the beer battered mushrooms that I started with. Very,very hot and yummy. All this month the Spread Eagle has 25% off vouchers, so my rationalization was that the percentage off paid for my starter. Clever thinking, wouldn't you agree?
Big snow, little snow, little snow, big snow is the expression I grew up with and since what's falling is 'little', I suspect we'll get what's forecast.The perfect opportunity for me to really search for the missing battery charger.
A former horse trough?

2 comments:

  1. Was unable to get to this post as the link read blogspot.com instead of .ca. But all is well now as I found I could add you to a reading list (oh the things I keep learning). Sounds like merry old England is your kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is, as I have long known. I suspect I have spent several former lifetimes here. It all feels so 'right'.

    ReplyDelete