Saturday 5 January 2013

Bells tinkling, skirts swishing...

Hurray! Just at bedtime a man showed up with my suitcase. An hour earlier, the call centre was still apologizing for having no idea where my luggage was! Ain't communication wonderful!
 Off to have tea this afternoon...my favourite British institution! And I now have a skirt to swish. Bells?
This village sits on Sir Oswald Moseley's estate and the little woods and brook across the road were part of his property. Funny thing that... I  had never heard of the man until I started reading Follett's "Winter of the World"... the sequel to "Fall of Giants". Moseley was the leader of the Fascist Party in Britain in the 1930's. And some wonder why I love history!

1 comment:

  1. OH, this was such a fun treat. Love that you give us little snippets. You have the soul of a true blogger. And I just got the Googlel+ email today, so thanks for alerting me.

    ReplyDelete