Thursday 17 January 2013

A Different Sort of Adventure

My 100 Acre Wood
I do love the woods in England. They're so see-through and no thought at all of anything menacing suddenly appearing, unless it was Tigger. I could handle that!
The now-frozen mud made our morning trek much more agreeable and even the 'old folks' were happy to go a little farther than usual.
 Returning home Autumn raced off (no, she does not 'come'!) to make friends with a wired-haired Jack Russell, named Morris. Morris' owner and I chatted for so long, I actually asked his name (most unusual for me) and by the time we parted company we had solved all the current world problems.
The budding artist!
My creative thinking was unleashed in the afternoon as I prepared to give my Be A Tree ( dog/kid safety program) to a local pre-school on Monday. I brought with me only the presentation pictures and no coloring pages, stickers or certificates. Improvisation required and here is the  result.
Before the resident folks left, they invited a neighbour gentleman for dinner as they often do. Yesterday I decided to do the same. I had no phone number so had to go and knock on his door to say,"Come & have a bite to eat." Ian, a retired teacher originally from Scotland, lives alone. Vision issues prevent him from his usual activities and I think he, like I, was delighted to have company for eating. He is a great storyteller with a wonderful sense of humour which made for a most agreeable laughter-filled evening.  We will do it again.
It was an interesting day and I scarcely left 'home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment