Tuesday 22 January 2013

Refreshed and recharged...


Mixed media...mud & snow.
That's right. Both my camera battery and I are feeling primed and ready to go today. Some of you will know I declared yesterday a day "off" and hunkered down in the afternoon with blanket, book and downloaded movie. Two movies, a nap and two episodes of Downton Abbey later, I went to bed and read and shortly afterwards to sleep.
Sometime around 4 a.m., there was  a very loud vibration coming from somewhere in the house.  Fortunately, funny noises in the night do not alarm me. At first I thought to ignore it, but it was too loud. Up I got and easily located the wall where the noise was loudest.  That's very clever but not much help, really. There's both an adjoining flat here and a salon downstairs. Further investigation seemed necessary. Found my jacket and boots and the salon key and strode off  across the back patio/yard to the salon.  Once inside, I can still hear the noise but it's no louder. I have absolutely no idea what this is nor where it's coming from. Only thing to do is go back to bed. As I put my head on the pillow, I thought, "Is something going to explode shortly? If so, where is my passport? What about the dogs?" ( They had slept through this entire drama.) Moments later, the noise stopped.
Here comes the sun.

I woke to the promise of a clear, sunny day. Lovely. Early this morning the battery charger I ordered on Friday arrived and although the promised green light has not yet indicated that the battery is fully charged, I am hopeful.
 Just as expected, last week's snow is now an icy 'pavement'. Keeping  my footing with three dogs in tow could be tricky. Clever me. I foresaw the possibility of this and packed these wonderful grips.

A sure footing...

 I stride along purposefully, happy to see the increasing light and the glorious sun!

A glorious winter day!

No comments:

Post a Comment