Friday 25 January 2013

Okay, so I lied!

Still wrapped in newsprint


I forgot entirely that Thursday was fish & chip-van day.  I've only got one more Thursday here so no time to waste!
I offered to go to the van which parks just 'over the road' and get fish & chips for both Ian and me but he said he'd go and, "Did I like mushy peas?"
 Well now, if you've never had 'mushy peas' (truly a British tradition), I'm not sure whether I'd recommend them or not. They're somewhat reminiscent of baby food peas but since not every pea is mushed, they have more texture.
Ian, the bringer of fish & chips

Out of respect of being in this country, I said "yes" to the mushy peas!
The pictures tell the story. The fish & chips are still wrapped in newsprint but without the ink. The batter was light and crispy. The fish (cod?) was super fresh.
Crispy, fresh and so yummy!

 "How were the mushy peas?" you ask.
Hmm... not bad. Not bad at all.
A pretty green, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm, I'd love some of that fish! Although I've never had mushy peas, I'd try them too! You're right they look like baby food. Nice to hear you haven't stopped eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. had mushy peas the first time at Gibsons Legion with… you guessed it…fish and chips. Can't believe your stay in the country has gone so fast. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete