Tuesday 8 January 2013

Outings

Yesterday's adventure turned in to 2 whirlwind mini tours of Burton on Trent and Tutbury. 6 Charity  (Second-hand) shops in a small town! We whizzed through all six and I found 2  real honest-to-god-right-from-the sheep wool snuggy-warm sweaters. I don't understand why the English 6 degrees feels so different from the  BC coast... it might be the 17 degrees inside their homes! I'm warm now. I found a lovely black cashmere tunic with sparkly bits on sale in Marks & Spencer. I do love cashmere but I won't wear this one to bed...not when it's brand new, anyway!
THE supermarket!
No time to explore, but you can find everything at Tesco including things like Bakewell tarts and courgettes (zucchini, to us)

You're not in Canada now, Jude.
It's the little things which are perfectly understandable but phrased so differently here. I love it!

When I ended up unexpectedly in Tutbury in the early afternoon, I had no camera. I will go back there as it boasts castle ruins and a couple of cafes I'd like to explore. I noticed a sandwich board advertising Burns Night Supper, too. I've no way to get there I don't think, but I've not given up on the idea just yet.




1 comment: