Tuesday 13 August 2013

Whew!

A view of St John's, NL


I'm here.
Here in my beloved, sunny Newfoundland...yes, honest, it's warm and sunny and I know there are those of you who believe that Newfoundland is constantly shrouded in cold fog . Not so.
 Yesterday morning as I stepped out of St John's airport terminal, the breeze blew across my face. Ah, wind... I always forget when I'm away from here that the wind is a constant here in Canada's Far East, especially in St John's. Where I live now, in Gibsons, BC, we hang clothes on the line in the summer to 'bake dry', as  friend of mine once said. Yesterday it was what we, in Newfoundland would call "a good day on the clothes"...not so windy as to rip the clothespins away and enough of a breeze to ensure  that taking them off the line at the end of the day would be a sweet-smelling experience.
Later in the day as I walked in the heat, the St John's wind was a welcome companion, keeping me  acceptably warm, not stinkin' hot.
I'm still feeling a little travel-worn after a day of being sick, followed by nearly 24 hours of travel. I'll take it easy today with a little walkabout and then it's off to visit my dear auntie in Halifax tomorrow, just for a couple of days.
 Gypsy Butterfly is on the move again. Adventures from Newfoundland will follow over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
This is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment